JOIN SWAGBUCKS - Get paid thru paypal

 photo swagbucks-200x200Alt.jpg photo swagbucks-200x200Alt.jpg

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Enjoying my day off after a long work week

It’s so nice to have Sundays off. Last week I worked about 9 hours of overtime, and my only day off this week is today, Sunday. Next week I’m going to try to work an extra day on saturday. More OT means more money.

I like to work the OT, but sometimes I regret it when I only have 1 day off. But it makes me feel better when I see my paycheck and know that all my hard work has paid off. I work a lot of OT, as much as I can, because I’m trying to buy another condo to add to my real estate “empire.” I want to become a real estate investor so that I can work less at my other job, and live off my rental properties. I don’t want to quit my other job because I really like working there. Plus I have a good (& cheap) medical/dental plan, 401k plan, pension plan, and other benefits that I wouldn’t get if I quit.

Some people think I work too much. I don’t consider myself a workaholic, but I do admit I work a lot. I think the people who say I work too much are the kind of people who never want to work. I don’t want to say that they’re lazy, but a few of them are. I see them at work, just waiting until 5:30 so they can go home. They don’t even care if their work gets done. And sometimes I think they think I like to work so much that they will leave some of their work for me to do. It annoys me because I shouldn’t have to do their job for them, just because I like to work OT. And the bad thing is that they’re doing it more and more frequently. I don’t want to complain to my managers, but I’m beginning to think that’s the only way to get them to stop. And maybe then they’ll start doing their job instead of pushing their work onto me.

No comments: