JOIN SWAGBUCKS - Get FREE Stuff!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tonight, getting ready for Game Night on Saturday

Saturday night my friend is having his monthly game night at his house. It’s always a lot of fun. I’m so looking forward to it. I missed the last one because my brother was visiting from Seattle, so I don’t want to miss this one.

It’s sort of like a potluck where we all bring some food item, then we all play card games, or whatever board games people bring. This month it’s a Chinese/Asian theme, so I’m bringing Chinese Chicken Salad. It’s my mom’s recipe and I really like it. I hope everyone else likes it too.

Tonight I cooked the chicken for the salad. I also bought the lettuce, which was on sale at Stater Bros. for $1 each. I made the dressing a yesterday when I went to my parents’ house because my mom has all the ingredients, and the recipe for the dressing, so it was just easier to make it there.

So now all I have to do is chop the lettuce and green onions, and mix up the salad, all of which I will do on Saturday when I get to his house. I don’t want to cut it too early because the lettuce will turn brown. I’m glad everything is ready because I work late tomorrow, and early on Saturday and I won’t have much time to prepare anything before the party.

No comments: