JOIN SWAGBUCKS - Get paid thru paypal

 photo swagbucks-200x200Alt.jpg photo swagbucks-200x200Alt.jpg

Monday, July 21, 2008

Analog or Digital TV?

So I just got one of those Digital to Analog converter boxes for my TV and I was thinking, I don't even know if my TV is Analog or Digital. I should probably find out before I open the converter box and can't return it.

I did a search on Google and found some info. that was kind of helpful. The main thing is that if your TV is more than 5 years old, it's probably analog. I'm not exactly sure, but I think it's at least 5 years old. I tried to find the owner's manual, but that didn't help either. Next I tried to look at the back of the TV to get the serial number, but it's so big and heavy, I can't move it enough to see the back. Plus I'm afraid it will tip over and land on my foot or something.

So, I'm just going to assume it's analog and try out the converter box. I hope it works because I actually have 2 TV's so I would have to buy another box for that TV. It's really old, so I know it's analog.

The converter box I got cost $60, but I had one of those $40 coupons from the government, so it ended up being $20. That's not too bad. I shopped around, and the boxes are $60 everywhere so it doesn't really matter where you buy it. But the coupons do list about 10 places where you can use the coupons so make sure you go to one of those stores.

No comments: