JOIN SWAGBUCKS - Get paid thru paypal

 photo swagbucks-200x200Alt.jpg photo swagbucks-200x200Alt.jpg

Thursday, June 18, 2009

All Earnings will now go to Charity

Today I decided to donate all of my earnings from my blogs to charity. I have been pondering this decision for some time, and I finally decided to just do it. I don't need the money I earn from my blogs, plus it's not that much any way, so why not give it to some one who needs it more.

The last few months I've been writing, dropping cards on EC, and trying to promote my blog to make more money, instead of just blogging for the fun of it. The blogging became a chore, and I didn't want to do it anymore. Plus my wrists are hurting from being on the computer all day, and trying to drop as many cards as I could.

It's going to be difficult for me to keep track of exactly how much I earn for charity, but I found a few apps that I will try out. I haven't decided for sure which charities I want to raise money for, but I have it narrowed down to 3 or 4. I might just rotate them around so that each of them gets part of the earnings.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please post them here. All feedback is welcomed. Thanks to everyone who has supported me in the past, and who will support me, and my charities, in the future.

3 comments:

Aron Sora said...

This is very admirable, but I have a question. Why not funnel the funds you make from this blog, back into this blog? I mean no harm in saying this, but it's been two days since you posted this and I'm the first commenter. I think this blog would benefit from an advertising run on Facebook or Google Ads.

The second paragraph of your post, I think, points out the need for more, targeted traffic that will bring interaction to this blog.

But, I could be wrong. Donating to a non-for-profit could lead to more traffic for this blog through thanks you mentions. Plus, donating will generate huge amounts of good karma.

Before you do this, ask yourself this. "Do I have enough money in savings to survive for 6 months". If you don't I would suggest to use this blog to establish an emergency fund. Then, you can redirect the income to donations.

Those are my thoughts, but if I were you, I would still donate the money. Those are just cations and things to think about to make certain you want to do this.

Split Rock Ranch said...

I think that is a commendable decision. Many blessings.

redkathy said...

Very noble decision! Blessings to you.